Re: "We're Gonna Win This Thing"-Agent Harris/Props To Agent

tomahawk wrote: He agrees to meet with Tony in a scene reminiscent of other FBI meetings with rats, but its not Tony being the rat, it's Harris. Although Harris tells Tony that he is "overreaching", he eventually comes through with the information Tony wants.
I thought that he mentioned that part about "overreaching" b/c the conversation might have been recorded, or the car might have been bugged. Agent Harris really didn't do anything unprofessional in that car during the conversation.

The info that he relayed to Tony about Phil's whereabouts was in private surroundings. The fact that he tried to hide the subsequent conversation from the other co-worker underscores this notion.

Harris sleeps with another agent, possibly to get the very information Tony wanted. He is so eager to relay the information that he can't wait for her to get dressed.

Good call. That could have been the Brooklyn colleague. I can't remember the name of the guy who plays Agent Harris, but he did a good in this episode. I was very surprised to see Tony flip him. I don't think anyone was expecting that. I'm surprised it hasn't been talked about more in these forums the past few days.

Also, if you think back to season one when the FBI raids Tony's house, Carmella says something along the lines of, "That agent Harris didn't seem so bad", and Tony replied, "He's the worst one of them all". I guess he turned out to be better for Tony than he thought.

Pussy_Malanga wrote:I honestly thought the Harris stuff was poorly done - I mean he has been in this show a lot, and has really never been anything more than a two dimensional, non important character.

Then, all of a sudden he becomes an important plot device, by giving up PL's location, and we see his character getting more development in the last 50 minutes of the show than in the previous 80 hours.
AGREE. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE OF HIM

GREAT FIND, madfistbt! That just about sums it up perfectly. The actor said that it was like "yes!!, the Nets are beating the Knicks!".

Just proved that Tony did in fact flip Harris. It was surprising that a sizeable amount of people thought that Tony would flip during this episode. Like Johnny Sack said to his Jewish lawyer regarding the possibility of flipping- "That is like one of your people becoming a Nazi.".

In the end, Tony was the flipper, not the flippee.

I had also seen the Gangland story before seeing the last episode so I took it simply as, once more, David Chase uses real happenings in the crime world to add veracity to the Sopranos. I recall an episode in an earlier season when Tony and others witness a car accident in front of Satriale's and agent Harris comes around to introduce his new partner. Mobsters, lawyers and cops are really in the same circles...
biker 2
from frigid Ottawa Canada (near Harpo!)

It is quite interesting, now, to look at past episodes and watch Agent Harris. Now that we know what became of his character (I'm certain that Chase had this interesting development in mind from a very early stage in the series), you can almost see the whole things as a courtship of sorts, with Tony's charm and charismatic personality winning over Harris in the end just like it won over (and lost) many of us fans during the course of the series.

biker2 wrote:I had also seen the Gangland story before seeing the last episode so I took it simply as, once more, David Chase uses real happenings in the crime world to add veracity to the Sopranos. I recall an episode in an earlier season when Tony and others witness a car accident in front of Satriale's and agent Harris comes around to introduce his new partner. Mobsters, lawyers and cops are really in the same circles...
I was wondering about this. Is it a new partner? As when he slaps the table in MIA the person who witnesses it is Grasso, who dropped the bowl in the series one raid of the Sopranos house.

Return to “Episode 6.21: Made in America”