Re: Favorite Quotes from 'Made in America'

bobC wrote:DH, Do you mean one of these?

Don't you just hate these damn things. It's like a transexual eating device--it doesn't know if it wants to be a fork or a spoon. All it is is a lousy fork and a dangerous spoon. Anytime I'm invited to a picnic or barbecue, I carry my own utensils so I don't have to use one of these things. :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:
Christofuh says: "Tony has big decisions to make, like whether or not to have that third sandwich..." :icon_razz:

haironmelfistwat wrote:Don't you just hate these damn things. It's like a transexual eating device--it doesn't know if it wants to be a fork or a spoon. All it is is a lousy fork and a dangerous spoon. Anytime I'm invited to a picnic or barbecue, I carry my own utensils so I don't have to use one of these things. :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:
Though I'm not really familiar with sporks, aren't these more of a serving utensil rather than an eating device? :icon_question:
bobC
---

some will win, some will lose,
some were born to sing the blues,
the movie never ends,
it goes on and on and on and on........

Actually, they are quite common eating utensils included in pre-packed picnic baskets, and you can always find them in the paper aisle at the supermarket. Originally they were thought to be very modernistic and cool, but in the end they are not very useful. The tines are so small that it's difficult to use as a fork, and the sharp tines make it's use as a spoon often painful.
Christofuh says: "Tony has big decisions to make, like whether or not to have that third sandwich..." :icon_razz:

haironmelfistwat wrote:Actually, they are quite common eating utensils included in pre-packed picnic baskets, and you can always find them in the paper aisle at the supermarket. Originally they were thought to be very modernistic and cool, but in the end they are not very useful. The tines are so small that it's difficult to use as a fork, and the sharp tines make it's use as a spoon often painful.
Hair: Thanks for the "spork lesson." :icon_biggrin:
bobC
---

some will win, some will lose,
some were born to sing the blues,
the movie never ends,
it goes on and on and on and on........

This is not a real quote but is a reference to the "ring tone" on Paulie's pre-paid cell when Tony called him back at the Bada Bing, after Paulie called to report that Carlo was missing.

Since I don't think Chase makes too many mistakes, it is good to check the details.

Here are the lyrics to the ring tone tune:

Cecilia

Celia, you're breaking my heart, you're shaking my confidence daily.
Oh Cecilia, I'm down on my knees, I'm begging you please, to come home.
Oh Cecilia, I'm down on my knees, I'm begging you please, to come home, come on home.

Making love in the afternoon with Cecilia up in my bedroom.
I got up to wash my face, when I come back to bed, someone's taken my place.

Oh Cecilia, I'm down on my knees, I'm begging you please, to come home, come on home.

Jubilation, she loves me again, I fall on the floor and I'm laughing.
Jubilation, she loves me again, I fall on the floor and I'm laughing.

The lawyer beating on the Heinz ketchup bottle while he is talking with Tony about Grand Jury testimony.

Heinz Ketchup just has to imply something about John Kerry, married to the Heinz heiress during his presidential campaign.

Could be a stretch, but I doubt they would have spent that much camera time on it if there was not something deeper than Tony getting upset with the lawyer beating on the bottle.

And for the guy, the one who always comes up with "people are reading too much into this".

Well, maybe we are, but maybe you are missing something.

Little Miss Sunshine scene on the television in Sil's hopsital room. It shows the opening of the movie where a little girl's excitement over a talent competition is the beginning of the unfolding scenes revealing a very dysfunctional family, who are brought together to help the little girl achieve her dream.

They never realize until that trip, the fact that they had all gone on with their own lives, while allowing the grandfather to train her for her talent competition, would lead to a family humilitation when she displayed the talent that would reveal their marginal dysfunction to the world.

Yet, that was their bond in the end. Some kind of love for each other in spite of the dysfunction.

In case anyone can't tell, I am hoping to start up discussion points that do not focus on the end, but on the many interesting details in the final episode.

Return to “Episode 6.21: Made in America”