Re: Favorite Quotes from 'Made in America'

bobC wrote:Paulie's response: "He's saying that the framus intersects with the ramistan approximately at the pot a nostra." (Or something like that.)

That's called "double talk" and there was a comedian in the 1950s who told stories peppered with double talk. Paulie would have remembered that because "framus" and "ramistan" were words this comedian used. Damn, I'm aging myself here...
Christofuh says: "Tony has big decisions to make, like whether or not to have that third sandwich..." :icon_razz:

Meadow: You know what really turned me? Seeing the way Italians are treated. It's like Mom says. And if we can have our rights trampled like that, imagine what it's like for recent arrivals.

Tony: Well...

Meadow: If I hadn't seen you dragged away all those times by the FBI, then I'd probably be a boring suburban doctor.
bobC
---

some will win, some will lose,
some were born to sing the blues,
the movie never ends,
it goes on and on and on and on........

haironmelfistwat wrote:That's called "double talk" and there was a comedian in the 1950s who told stories peppered with double talk. Paulie would have remembered that because "framus" and "ramistan" were words this comedian used. Damn, I'm aging myself here...

What I found real intersting about Paulie using the "framus and ramistan" bit is that Tony used the exact same quote in melfis office a few seasons ago in response to some overtly medical terminology (can't recall the exact episode right now, but it was DEFINITELY used)

haironmelfistwat wrote:That's called "double talk" and there was a comedian in the 1950s who told stories peppered with double talk. Paulie would have remembered that because "framus" and "ramistan" were words this comedian used. Damn, I'm aging myself here...
Are you referring to Al Kelly?

Now I'm showing my age; but then age is just a number.
bobC
---

the movie never ends,

While Tony and Carmela are talking to AJ's therapist.

Tony: My mother was a borderline personality. So what!

====================================================

Carmela: He (AJ) spent $200. on a set of CDs that teach Arabic.

Tony: Jesus Christ come on, "shis-ka-bob" what else do you need to know.
bobC
---

the movie never ends,

Return to “Episode 6.21: Made in America”