Re: If not Paulie, then...

In defense of Patsi:

He just followed orders. When he got word that the hit had happened he didn't seem shocked like "Wait! They got Phil?! That wasn't supposed to happen." And as previously mentioned he sure seemed like he was running for his life there.

Not sure if Paulie is already with NY but maybe these tell tale signs are pointing to him seriously considering that possibility.

Also... the scene with the guys at NY discussing who to take out in NJ makes me believe there isn't, or at the time... wasn't, anyone playing both sides at all. Why? Because they aren't even sure who #3 is. If there were anybody feeding them information, they would have known that Bobby actually was #3 and there wouldn't have been any debate over it.

Not only that, but if it was Paulie, why would they bring his name up? Only possibility would be if a very select few know about Paulie playing NJ (that being Phil, Butchie and maybe that other guy).

However, that being said, I think if it's anyone, it's Carlo. When Tony was in the bed and everyone came to see him, like previously mentioned, they even went as far as to mention his absence when there was no need to, at all. Not only that, but he's the one that immediately wanted to order a pizza upon arrival. Perhaps this was prearranged that he would call a pizza joint and order a pizza and everything would look fine, but the guys at NY would have the location of their hideout due to the fact that obviously a pizza was being delivered. It just seems to me that if you're wanting to stay out of view, the last thing you would do would be to order a pizza and actually go as far as to bring someone (an outsider if you will) to your location. However, nobody objected... so maybe I'm just reaching.

Patsy... I don't think so. The NY guys were firing at him, and not to make a show of it. The creators even went as far as to show Patsy still running for his life after getting away. Why would he still be running like that if he knew nobody was after him? It's not Patsy.

EDIT:

I really don't think anbody is after Tony from his own family. Maybe in the next episode someone will turn, but not yet. Why? Because if anyone really wanted to flip to NY, there have been more than a few opportunities for them to do so. Paulie could have taken out Tony at any time in the kithcen after Carmela had left and AJ was outside. I'm pretty sure it's not him, if anyone at all. Probably every character from the Soprano family could have gotten to Tony and taken him out by now since the order has been given.

Shogon wrote: I really don't think anbody is after Tony from his own family. Maybe in the next episode someone will turn, but not yet. Why? Because if anyone really wanted to flip to NY, there have been more than a few opportunities for them to do so. Paulie could have taken out Tony at any time in the kithcen after Carmela had left and AJ was outside. I'm pretty sure it's not him, if anyone at all. Probably every character from the Soprano family could have gotten to Tony and taken him out by now since the order has been given.
Thats a very good point.

I'm betting on Carlo. His phone call to order food (which was an odd thing to do immediately after arriving) was really to NY to disclose the safe house location. Chase couldn't show him giving the address because that would've made it too obvious to viewers; it's assumed that he gave the address though. The pizza guys who arrive will be hitmen, and take out several people (including Carlo) before they're killed. Tony and Paulie will survive, and the show will continue on from there.

It's just a wild guess. I just don't like that call Carlo made; way too suspicious, especially since they specifically showed Tony approving it.

Oh, one thing that is kind of interesting...

the guys from NY that do the hit on Silvio... the passenger says "there they are over there!" or "that's them over there!" while in the car and driving up on Patsy & Silvio.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but doesn't it sound like the guys from NY knew "they" (Silvio & Patsy) would be together?

That's themover there.

Just makes me think a little.

Return to “Episode 6.20: The Blue Comet”