The Number 5

I have posted a couple times about this even though I am not sure about the significance yet:

The elevator they boarded (when they were picking up AJ from the hospital) was numbered 5. And even though Tony hit the number 6, the button directly below it was 4.

All back to the 7 souls? K. Finnerty falling on the fifth level? In Second Coming, Tony gets off at floor number 5 when he visits AJ?

Would anyone offer insight?

Re: The Number 5

I noticed Tony pushing the number six for the elevator, but missed all of the other stuff you picked up on. For me, it will have to wait until I can view it again tomorrow night.

One thought that I did have, that might relate to your observations was that it seemed to me that the people who were not being killed, were going crazy.

Elliot, Janice, AJ, Junior are on the sidelines but seem to be losing their minds. After watching this twice, it really looked to me like the glasses Elliot wore, made one eye really large, while the other was normal sized, and it gave him a very crazy appearance.

AJ at first appears to be playing the depression card, because, like Tony, he has found that it works for him. Once Tony throws him into the closet, it looks like he really is losing it.

A close second might be Carm who normally says, "I know the drill Tony", is suddenly unhinged when she it told that they have to go into hiding.

On the other hand we have Melfi, who has exhibited distress and control, in the past, now going on the offense with Tony. I really thought he might kill her after his comment about "After all we've been though and all we've talked about".

So now I am wondering, if you don't die, do you go crazy?

Perhaps all of the numbers do relate back to the season 6 beginning of the levels of the souls.

Too much for me to digest at this time.

There was another reference to the number 5. In the television scene that AJ was watching about Iraq, they mentioned that the suicide mission was on a short road, Route 5.

There is a NJ Route 5. Here is the Wikipedia short info and link.

Route 5 is a 3.18-mile (5.12 km) state highway in New Jersey, United States. It runs from U.S. Route 1/9 in Ridgefield east down the New Jersey Palisades to end at River Road (County Route 505) at the Hudson River in Edgewater.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jersey_Route_5

As the number 5 has been coming up I can't but help think about The Pentagon. I could be wrong here, but every time the number 5 surfaces we see Agent Harris.

I thought the wiki article about the number 5 was very interesting, especially these little facts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5_(number) (link to whole article)

Five is:
* The number of oceans in the world. ( We know how Tony Loves water)

* The number of the first books in the bible: Genesis (Bereisheet בראשית), Exodus (Shemot שמות), Leviticus (Vayikra ויקרא), Numbers (Bemidbar במדבר), and Deuteronomy (Devarim דברים)also known as the Pentateuch

* In the United States legal system, the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution can be referred to in court as "pleading the fifth", absolving the defendant from self-incrimination

There are 5 digits in a United States zip code

# There are five basic "pillars" of Islam.

# Muslims pray to Allah five times a day (Muhammad was said to have bargained it down with Allah from 50).

# The Khamsa, an ancient symbol shaped like a hand with five fingers, is used as a protective amulet by Jews and Muslims

In Discordianism, 5 is seen as a very important number as demonstrated in the Law of Fives and The Pentabarf, which contains five rules. Each page of the Principia Discordia, the primary religious document in Discordianism, is also labeled with 5 digits.

I just edited my previous message to correct the info from the Iraq film AJ was watching in the living room, regarding suicide missions.

They said it was a "short road, route 5". Hope I got it right this time.

Ages ago a friend was in a Psych ward at the hospital. Not all elevators went to that floor, presumably for safety reasons. And not just anyone could go to that floor.

I wonder if the fact that AJ was on the 5th floor when Tony visited him, indicated that he was on the secured Psych floor, and in the most recent episode, he is on the sixth floor because he is considered less of a danger to himself.

If Tony and Carm first checked into the Psych ward on floor 5, there doesn't need to be a button for that floor. Then they went up to the sixth floor where AJ was now staying.

This doesn't clear up anything about the 7 souls. I'm still thinking about that one.

I'm still stuck on Route 5. It seemed that the volume was turned up when the reporter mentioned suicide bombers on a short road, Route 5.

Turns out that there is also an old Route 5 that went from Newark to Delaware. It appears to end up at a dead end now. Here is the link.

http://www.jimmyandsharonwilliams.com/n ... oute05.htm

Here is a link to the current Route 5 from Ridgefield NJ to the Palisades.

http://tinyurl.com/2kr7qw

Probably a lot of interest for no good reason, but it doesn't hurt to look and speculate.

telaforbin wrote:
Five is:
* The number of oceans in the world. ( We know how Tony Loves water)

LOL! And all this time I thought there were still only 4 oceans. I googled this subject and now I know. When the hell did they add the fifth ocean?

Thanks for the education, I mean that.
Maybe baby

Return to “Episode 6.20: The Blue Comet”