How would you grade this episode on a 1-10 scale (10 being the best possible quality)

Total votes: 0

Re: Episode 6.20: The Blue Comet - Grades and General Review

Detective Hunt wrote:"Christa fell off her (shoes or heels)..."

Basically, Tony is asking where Sil has been and adds that he needed him because one of the strippers fell in her heels.
Thank you for that. Can't help but notice how much those first 4 words put together audibly resemble "Christopher". And the shoes being a foreshadowing of death. And that Tony tells Sil they had to call an ambulance coupled with the fact that Tony stopped himself from calling 911 to kill Christopher and then did call 911.

And the fact that it's the beginning of a scene about New York fishing around New Jersey for disloyalty to Tony.

And the fact that Christopher was encouraging Tony to meet Phil's 25% demand.

Not sure if that all adds up to something or not. Phil's taunting Tony over Chris's death would indicate Chris was not playing both sides of the river but maybe we'll find out otherwise?

Wow! WOW!

i've been out of town during the actual airings of the last two episodes and had to watch them late and was even later reading up on here.
i watched "Blue Comet" Monday night and i'm still trying to digest everything - Tony wasn't the only one unprepared. :icon_eek:

i'm a little bummed that Sil went down looking so...ineffectual?

i dread Sunday.
"If it weren't for New Orleans, America would just be a bunch of free people dying of boredom."

tangled wrote:i dread Sunday.
Since Fly is asking for ideas about how to evolve the site after the show ends its run maybe a name change from 'The Chase Lounge' to 'SopranosAnonymous.com' would be in order. Because like Christopher with the drugs and booze I can picture thousands (millions?) of jittery "Sopranos" addicts going about their lives in a numbed state of mind looking for some kind of "Sopranos" fix. Chase Lounge turned into Sopranos Anonymous could become that internet one-stop for fans that crave more info/knowledge/conversation about the show, especially the new one's coming from the A&E repeats and DVD sales. Just sayin'. :cool:

bobC wrote:During the last scene when TS was getting into bed while holding onto the rifle, did anyone think he was going to put the barrel into his mouth and end it all right there?

I certainly did, and it very well could happen next week, although I'm inclined to believe that Chase won't end it that way.
"The Coward's way out"...is what Tony said about his sone Aj's attempt at suicide. If you know anything about the Tony Soprano character...that he is a gangster thru and thru than you would know that there is no way not even a remote chance of that ever happening. I have heard mention of that a few times and from Poster's whose insights I generally am on board with, but it is completely out of charadcter and utterly preposterous to believe it would end that way.
Don Scallop

"You Can't Kill me twice Sally Boy, I'm already fuckin' dead remember"

tomcat1020 wrote:"The Coward's way out"...is what Tony said about his sone Aj's attempt at suicide. If you know anything about the Tony Soprano character...that he is a gangster thru and thru than you would know that there is no way not even a remote chance of that ever happening. I have heard mention of that a few times and from Poster's whose insights I generally am on board with, but it is completely out of charadcter and utterly preposterous to believe it would end that way.
Perhaps I worded my question incorrectly. What I was attempting to say was, the manner in which the scene was shot, when he started to lie down on the bed, it appeared that the barrel of the rifle was headed for his mouth. Check out the visual.
bobC
---

some will win, some will lose,
some were born to sing the blues,
the movie never ends,
it goes on and on and on and on........

I just watched this again. The scenes of Bobby and Sil's shootings, death and maybe death, happened in less than two minutes. In Chase time, a lot can happen in the final hour of the Sopranos. Probaby more than we can take in during the same time period.

Okay, I'm watching this again. I just noticed that the two Jasons are in the Bing with Carlo when the druggie guy goes to tell Paulie that the guys from Italy have just arrived and are out in the parking lot.

Junior Mafia is still around.

I give this a 10. The reason being because I hate to admit it but I was kind of teary-eyed when Silvio got it. Right there and then did I really begin to fear for Tony's life.

Silvio and Chris's death were extremely hard to swallow but moreso of Silvio's demise because the man was nothing but loyal and a true friend to Tony. He never did anything for me to lose interest in him.

Bobby's death was one of the best death's in Soprano history and it was very sad to him say that his son "don't care" about Bobby's favorite and most passionate hobby. If anyone in the NJ mob deserved to live it was definitely Bobby. I wish now that he was never promoted...

Chris was sad but I believe my anger/consfused/disappointed feelings about Tony showing no real remorse over his murder took over.

With Paulie, if it wasn't for his hilarious one-liners and crazy charisma, I would have wished him dead years ago but never with Silvio.
Maybe baby

Return to “Episode 6.20: The Blue Comet”