How would you grade this episode on a 1-10 scale (10 being the best possible quality)

Total votes: 0

Re: Episode 6.20: The Blue Comet - Grades and General Review

Excellent thought and a really nice post. Great that you offer us all so much optimisim. But, Hey! Whattsamattu? How come you wait until the very last moment to start posting? It would have been a lot of fun to have had you with us so much earlier.[/QUOTE]

Splish,

Thanks. Would have loved to be more active earlier - but I only found this wonderful site about a couple months ago via a tip from my wife. It has made my Mondays wonderful as the series comes to an end. However, because of the very astute observations by everyone else, I was a tad indimidated to respond until recently. BTW, I have seen other fan sites and most of them have very empty observations and tremendous amounts of infighting - this group seems to be much more advanced and civil. Kudos to all and especially Fly for getting it going.

Another thought re: music: Any guesses on the final song we hear at the end of the show? I thinking "My Way" by The Chairman of the Board would be most fitting, both for Tony and DC, even though it would be a tad trite. Thoughts?

LotMr

jonelikate wrote:Was it previously established that Butchie's legit job is running a waxing salon? If so, that's priceless. If not, what was with that odd cut of him straightening and throwing out bottles of beauty products? It was half a second long but it seemed so strange. Whatever happens next week, I'm almost praying that Butchie gets one right between those crazy eyes.
Not just any waxing salon, but the Flatbush Bikini Waxing salon. LOL

Another thought re: music: Any guesses on the final song we hear at the end of the show? I thinking "My Way" by The Chairman of the Board would be most fitting, both for Tony and DC, even though it would be a tad trite. Thoughts?

Well, I'm not really sure what to guess. Maybe something about New York or New Jersey. Sinatra had a song that started, "Start spreading the news" and Billy Joel had one called "New York State of Mind." If Meadow is the sole survivor of the family, isn't there some song about a Jersey Girl?

But I want to tell you about a very strange experience I had. After my first viewing of this episode, I was sure that from the time Bobby was killed until the end of the show, there was a hauntingly beautiful music played. I remember it as being a piano piece that moved very slowly. But when I watched the show a second time, I was shocked to learn I had imagined the whole thing and there was no music at all. Not until the closing credits.

Maybe I'm mixing up this episode with a previous one? In any case, I think some slow hesitant and haunting piano music would have been a wonderful addition to the second half of this episode.

Return to “Episode 6.20: The Blue Comet”