Re: Thank You, FlyOnMelfisWall

Fly, This board - in all its intellectual, civilized and cordial glory - has spoiled me. It's ruined the internet for me, and I mean that in the best way. I just tried visiting an old forum I used to frequent, and tried to start an intelligent conversation (big mistake); My post was flamed and mocked almost immediately. Not only was it mocked and met with sarcasm and disdain, it recieved such treatment simply because it was an intelligent conversation ...Something that would never happen here.

I forgot that I have the chance to talk differently here than I do elsewhere on the net, and I thank you again for that chance. And I never feared trolls or flames here, a testament to both your commitment to enforcing the rules, and the fine people I share this forum with, that rarely step out of line.

My days of internet-forum-surfing will never be the same.

Universal Polymath wrote:Fly, This board - in all its intellectual, civilized and cordial Glory - has spoiled me. It's ruined the internet for me, and I mean that in the best way. I just tried visiting an old forum I used to frequent, and tried to start an intelligent conversation (big mistake); My post was flamed and mocked almost immediately. Not only was it mocked and met with sarcasm and disdain, it recieved such treatment simply because it was an intelligent conversation ...Something that would never happen here.

I forgot that I have the chance to talk differently here than I do elsewhere on the net, and I thank you again for that chance. And I never feared trolls or flames here, a testament to both your commitment to enforcing the rules, and the fine people I share this forum with, that rarely step out of line.

My days of internet-forum-surfing will never be the same.
Very true words. The IQ level of the members of these boards far exceeds many of the other Sopranos discussion groups I've visited. (And I'm not attempting to be a snob.)
bobC
---

some will win, some will lose,
some were born to sing the blues,
the movie never ends,
it goes on and on and on and on........

Re-read some of the posts in this thread as I was re-arranging things for the new forum (2016). I feel so grateful for all the beautiful comments and for the joy that we all shared here in those years when discussing The Sopranos was near the top of life's priorities. :icon_smile:
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Return to “Thank You, FlyOnMelfisWall”