Tony's Mounting Sins...

Has anyone else noticed how the writers are introducing new Tony indiscretions at a quickening pace? Granted, only 2 episodes are left and resolution(or judgment) is at hand, but Tony seems to be dishing out vengeance and/or "solutions" with increased ferocity and little forethought (i.e. dispatching Christopher with the schnoz pinch and the punishment of CoCo...Holy crap!). This is not the Tony of old.
I find myself quickly losing sympathy for these guys, (after Chris shot J.T. in cold blood over the "You're in the Mafia" slight, I thought good riddance when he was killed in the first 10 minutes of the next episode) which I think is Chase's intention. He's always repeated that these characters are not "good guys" but murderers & thieves.
Anyways, they keep dwelling on scenes of uncontained, toxic asbestos billowing into the wind from the wetlands and roadsides. The death toll to New Jersey wildlife & citizens could count higher than all of Tony's past victims combined. And all of this is a direct result of Tony's criminal disregard of EPA regulations.
Is this to be Tony's ultimate sin and "sympathy buster"?

Re: Tony's Mounting Sins...

I don't know if it is Tony's ultimate sin, but it certainly shows how the mafia harms every single person, animal, the land, and air of New Jersey for their own short term personal gain.

Our taxes, housing costs, insurance are high because of the corruption in this state. Over the years this show has portrayed the various schemes that add to the cost of living in the Garden State.

Governor McGreevey was propped up and pushed to power because his party bosses knew he was a secret homosexual and that they could use that to control him. We have others who have succeeded in government because they were also able to be controlled by their party.

Construction costs for government projects are always over budget and never finished in a timely manner. It took 4 years for one of our little branch libraries to be renovated because of all of the grief with the construction company. And it was very much over budget.

Other libraries have never even gotten to the point of renovation, but the local governments have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on studies, estimates, evaluations etc. In any other state that money would have just gone into putting together a building and the whole thing would be done in less than a year. It's the same with the schools etc.

When we bought a new house they were throwing those up in a couple of weeks. So it's not like it isn't possible to put up a building in a timely manner in NJ.

When Tony went into the housing rehab scam with the two friends who had wanted to make the world a better place, only to turn into a corrupt politician and corrupt civil rights leader...that is a real reflection of what goes on in NJ. Programs designed to help the poor are turned into money making scams while the poor still have nothing.

Politicians here get paid for three or four jobs which they may or may not really show up for, but they make as much as I do in a year for maybe showing up to talk to someone for a couple of hours a month.

Our current Governor's "former" girlfriend runs the union, which I happen to be a member of, negotiating to get pay raises. He said that he quit talking to her after the union talks between the government and state employees became heated. Not that anyone can prove that. In my opinion, his word is less than reliable. It took him about three months to do everything he said he would not do while running for election.

Just this week the NY Times published an article about Gov. Corzine and his girlfriend, the union head. He gave her 6 million dollars, bought her a house, paid for her condo which is in the same building that he lives in.

The state employees finally accepted a three year contract for no raises but better health plans. Big deal. The preceeding contracts had been taking away the health care so they maybe got a bit closer to what they had a few years ago.

The unions are a joke. They only help themselves. Whether you join the union or not, your pay has deductions for union benefits.

This is the same guy who nearly died in a car wreck resulting from his state trooper driver going 91 miles an hour, and the Gov wasn't wearing a seat belt. He was on his way to the mansion where Imus was to meet the Rutger's women's basketball team. Now we all have to pay for it as they roll out a "click it or ticket" program aimed at NJ driver's without their seatbelts on. That program was already in place before the Gov's accident but they are going full force now. So why didn't the state trooper ticket the Gov while he had him in the car. Actually these police fund raisers go on all the time but only effect those who are not in power or part of the game. Another thing Chase pointed out in his many references to police interactions with mafia in NJ.

The stories could go on but Chase has told them so much better than I can.

Another thing about the asbestos story line is the blatant disregard for others. They don't mind if poor people from another country handle the stuff, as long as it doesn't touch them. They don't mind if the stuff is dumped in another landfill as long as it isn't theirs. But they will do anything to avoid compliance since it might affect their income.

The mafia is everywhere in every country, in every business, around the globe. BIG T is only small fish compared to other so call 'CLEAN' powerful people. .

THE MAFIA IS PERMANTLY EMBEDDED IN HUMAN NATURE. SINCE TIME AND MEMORIAL THERE HAS BEEN MAFIAS IN POWER EVERYWHERE.

When has the world and its human race been right?

|you can't totally blame the italian mob (they play a part) for higher taxes. blame the greedy powers that RUN the US and other countries. they are a much bigger racket group than any MAFIA FAMILY.

bigbadbill007 wrote:The mafia is everywhere in every country, in every business, around the globe. BIG T is only small fish compared to other so call 'CLEAN' powerful people. .

THE MAFIA IS PERMANTLY EMBEDDED IN HUMAN NATURE. SINCE TIME AND MEMORIAL THERE HAS BEEN MAFIAS IN POWER EVERYWHERE.

When has the world and its human race been right?

|you can't totally blame the italian mob (they play a part) for higher taxes. blame the greedy powers that RUN the US and other countries. they are a much bigger racket group than any MAFIA FAMILY.
Your last statement is rather provocative and I'd ask you to please keep them tied to the show or stated in the correct subforum. Once again, we ask that politics be discussed in the Meet Market and not in the show subforums if they are unrelated to the specific episode. Thanks. :smile:
"Leave the gun...take the cannoli." - Clemenza

Think Tony Died? Consider this...

Visit my Blog at Hear the Hurd

Return to “Episode 6.19: The Second Coming”