Agent Harris Siding with Tony in the War

It looks like Agent Harris has fallen ill again from his trip to Pakistan and he he still has a parasite.

Harris always seems to have a soft spot for Tony, or at least some level of respect for him, and from the conversation they had when T gave him Ahkmed and Mohammed he seems to dislike Phil Leotardo.

If T's information on the Terrorists bears fruit for Agent Harriss' investigation, and Agent Harris becomes gravely ill like he could die, I could see him helping Tony secretly in terms of sharing information from WireTaps he can get from NY.

Can anyone else see that happening?

Basically in a Mob War...it's going to be both sides picking each other off until one side caves in and either Tony or Phil are dead. Information on people whereabouts and plans of action/ or guessing correctly are obviously going to be very valuable pieces of information.

I could see Agent Harris helping Tony in a War. Then I could see him arresting him in the last show because now they have the witnesses and evidence they need. Can anyone see this happening?
Don Scallop

"You Can't Kill me twice Sally Boy, I'm already fuckin' dead remember"

Re: Agent Harris Siding with Tony in the War

The Feds cannot take sides with any criminal organization or make deals anymore like they did with Sammy Gravano to get to a bigger fish. They may like a war to clean out some criminals they want to go after, but they would fear the innocent bystanders that be be in the crossfire of a mob war. Yes, in real life the Feds may be giving more attention to terror threat groups since 9/11, but recently the 'Godfather of Canada', a man based in Montreal, was arrainged in Federal Court in Manhattan for his mob crimes, especially his involvement in the illegal drug trade, showing that mob criminals are not being ignored.
For years the Feds have been going after Tony with little to show or able to convict on. Tony was careful to keep out and avoid bugs. Rats or potential rats convenentiely died or were killed. It appears that the Arabs info Tony gave the feds while there was a terror connection (funding I beleive Agent Harris notes), but that they apparently don't know of their whereabouts and are assuming no longer in the USA. That won't buy Tony anything for a deal.

I think the parasite is a metaphor. Perhaps meaning that they (the Feds) feed off the Mafia? In the sense that their jobs are completely dependent on talking to, following or spying on criminals.

Just a thought. I'm sort of disappointed after all this building that the FBI isn't going to do anything. At least, that's what I'm assuming. There are only two episodes left, so I don't see how they can fit in a trial, unless they jump forward in time.

BellaConsigliere wrote:I think the parasite is a metaphor. Perhaps meaning that they (the Feds) feed off the Mafia? In the sense that their jobs are completely dependent on talking to, following or spying on criminals.

Just a thought. I'm sort of disappointed after all this building that the FBI isn't going to do anything. At least, that's what I'm assuming. There are only two episodes left, so I don't see how they can fit in a trial, unless they jump forward in time.
Very true. Going back to the first episode this half season, I've felt that if there was a true payoff for the FBI, it would come in the form of a secret indictment issued in the last episode. Just not enough time for anything else.

Now I doubt even that. I think it's much more likely that Harris tips Tony to something involving New York, something intended to help Tony or his family get out of harm's way just in time.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Ah Yes, parasite as Metaphor! Yes. That's right I was actually reading a story in a magazine for Mafia guy who had flipped and the FBI.

The FBI guys hate going to the Middle East to work terror. They would much rather deal with Organized Crime. Agent Harris is not going to want his host to die.

Anouther Poster had stated that he believes Agent Harris would take him down if he had all the right evidence. And I think he def would too, but I do not think he wants to see NY take down Tony Soprano. I think he will intervene in that scenario...he has already warned him once , after he told them it was being discussed in top circles and the TOny asks him why he told him and Agent Harris says: "it's Christmas".
Don Scallop

"You Can't Kill me twice Sally Boy, I'm already fuckin' dead remember"

Tony's the one playing both sides. I think he's sealed his own trip to the fed pen by setting Harris on the trail of the arabs.

I'm not exactly sure with Chris being dead how they can link them back to Tony. But IMO the connection to the organization is probably enough.

The scene where they show Tone the pictures was scary as hell to me.

How come we've seen Harris pounding sandwiches from satriales for weeks now. Then all of a sudden his parasite is giving him trouble again? He feels sick 'cause he knows Tony just screwed himself.

I keep thinking of the opener to 6A when Harris pulls over and pukes. It's got to be more than just a bug he picked up in a foreign country.

Maybe he was on the terror squad and got called back to help with the investigation of Tony possiblly being a terror financer because of his familiarity with the big guy?

Return to “Episode 6.19: The Second Coming”