Go Back   The Chase Lounge > Other Sopranos Discussions > Sopranos in the News

Welcome to The Chase Lounge, a discussion forum dedicated to one of filmed drama’s greatest masterpieces, HBO’s The Sopranos, and its creator, David Chase. As a once-avid participant and lurker at numerous other Sopranos forums, I think you’ll find the commentary and analyses here to be among the most passionate, insightful, and mutually respectful of any Sopranos discussions on the Net.

You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and message board features. However if you complete the easy and free registration process, you will be able to search for threads of topical interest via the forum search engine, display with one click all new posts since your last visit, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, personalize your forum interface via your control panel, and access other special features. When you’re ready to join, there are no painful finger pricks, messy blood vows, or burning of the likenesses of saints. Simply click here and register!

If you have any problems with the registration process or new account login, or if you were a member at the old Ezboard Chase Lounge and cannot login to your existing account, please contact me.

If you see this message and have a working account, ignore all of the above and simply login.:-)

Thanks and hope to 'see' you on the boards soon.

FlyOnMelfisWall, Founder/Administrator

Carmella and Father Phil finally get it on...

Forum: Sopranos in the News

Carmella and Father Phil finally get it on...
Old June 2nd, 2009, 01:24 PM   #1
mutualdream
Junior Associate

Default Carmella and Father Phil finally get it on...

In Nurse Jackie, that is.
Sorry, I know there's a Nurse Jackie thread on here, but I thought this one deserved its own...

I read a review of the "Nurse Jackie" pilot, and apparantely, Jackie has an affair with Paul Schulze's character.

Weird, huh?

Re: Carmella and Father Phil finally get it on...
Old June 2nd, 2009, 10:04 PM   #2
badabellisima
Honorary Capo

Default Re: Carmella and Father Phil finally get it on...

i'll say! Do you have the link? Surely they cast that part on Nurse Jackie on purpose- maybe thinking that they had this great chemistry from the Sopranos time that would pull in more of an audience?

Personally, i never picked up on a great natural chemistry between the actors or the priest and Carmela characters as played, even though it was implied, etc. i just didn't think the priest part was played very well. i have known priests for whom some women were strongly attracted in a platonic kind of way, but on the Sopranos it just didn't sell very well, imho. She had more chemistry with the wallpaper guy! i wish they had had a more believable natural magnetism, like X-Files Scully and Mulder's unrequited, but powerful and real connection.

When Carm threw her famous Ziti with the basil layer in the trash, i thought- what a waste of good Ziti! He wasn't even worth that. Good riddance!

Last edited by badabellisima : June 2nd, 2009 at 10:05 PM. Reason: splng

Old June 3rd, 2009, 01:05 AM   #3
FlyOnMelfisWall
Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by badabellisima View Post

When Carm threw her famous Ziti with the basil layer in the trash, i thought- what a waste of good Ziti! He wasn't even worth that. Good riddance!
LOL. I seriously couldn't understand Carmela on that one. Trash the priest but not the "fuckin' ziti"! She spent WAY too much time making that to dump it over his shenanigans.

I did notice they're running the Nurse Jackie premiere free on a DirecTV channel, and I think Showtime is offering it free online for a while. I saw about the last 10 minutes of it by accident. I already saw some things that disappointed me from a writing perspective, even though I know that's not giving it much of a chance. Oh how the Sopranos has ruined me for watching anything that's less than great.

Old June 16th, 2009, 03:46 PM   #4
JLTucker
Senior Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyOnMelfisWall View Post
Oh how the Sopranos has ruined me for watching anything that's less than great.
It's easy to rectify that. All you have to do is stop comparing everything to The Sopranos. It's retarded to do that anyway.

Old June 16th, 2009, 06:43 PM   #5
FlyOnMelfisWall
Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLTucker View Post
It's easy to rectify that. All you have to do is stop comparing everything to The Sopranos. It's retarded to do that anyway.
Uh, I think you misunderstood. I don't WANT to compare it, and I don't do it consciously. But it changes one's perspective of what's possible with drama and what's truly good no matter how much one does or doesn't want that changed perspective.

Old June 17th, 2009, 11:06 AM   #6
JLTucker
Senior Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyOnMelfisWall View Post
Uh, I think you misunderstood. I don't WANT to compare it, and I don't do it consciously. But it changes one's perspective of what's possible with drama and what's truly good no matter how much one does or doesn't want that changed perspective.
Oh ok. I apologize for the misunderstanding. The only time I compare shows is if they are in the exact same genre. For instance, I compare Battlestar Galactica (new series) with Stargate: Sg-1, Stargate: Atlantis and sometimes films in the same genre. I don't know if that's fair since they are different mediums.

I have only compared The Sopranos with one show, and that is The Wire since I consider both to be crime dramas. And, which should not come as a shock, The Sopranos wins hands down in my book.

Old April 26th, 2011, 11:03 AM   #7
Pope Corky the IX
Soldier

Send a message via AIM to Pope Corky the IX

They seem to show up in cable television shows together fairly often. Paul Schulze also played a SORT team member on Oz that concocted a story to cover for Falco's prison guard character after the riot.